
Maddie had her spring recital this weekend. She got her costume at her last dance practice on Monday and it was killing her because I wouldn't let her wear it before the recital because something would happen to it, and the next thing you know I am googling how to get some random stain out of purple tulle! So Friday was her practice and Saturday was her recital. A big thank you to Kellie who helped me out while I tried to videotape her practice performance. Josh was running late from work and I was crazy thinking I would be able to videotape, take pictures and juggle two kids all at the same time! (You could only tape and take pictures at the practice...dumb!) She did a great job and was so excited for the recital the next day. After her performance, we gave her a boquet of flowers and you would have thought they were a million dollars. She squeaked and squeeled when she saw them. Her future husband will have to know that a couple of carnations are all it takes to keep her happy! So between the "princess" tutu costume and the flowers, her day was as she put it in her prayers that night "the most perfect day I have ever had". That made it all worth it. Oh, and she hasn't taken the costume off since...

12 comments:
Oh my goodness...how silly but that just brought me to tears! She is so sweet, and that she prayed about her perfect day...too precious!!!! Whata fun weekend!!!
She is so beautiful!! I love the dance stuff- gosh I need a girl in a mean way :) Way to go Maddie - you look like a true Princess.
Loves
Jodi
She looks so grown up and just wonderful. How fun. I'm sure it was a "perfect" day for you as the mommy too!
so sweet! She is beautiful!
Maddie-- you look so beautiful (like always!!) I am so proud of you and all of your hard work in dancing. Sydney hopes she can be a dancer like you someday! I wish I could have been there to see you!
She's adorable! I love the cute costume and her cute prayer. So sweet!!!
Oh Rachel, what an absolutely beautiful little girl you have! She just stands out in her group photo!
If she is looking older...is it POSSIBLE I am as well????
CRAP!
she is adorable! Tell her Paul and Heather and Samson...and Isaac say hi!
oh Maddie, you look like a princess. You know you get your dancing skills from you Nanna - right! I wish we could have been there. We want to see the video when we come down. It seems like yesterday I was taking your Mom to dance recitals. Hmmm - I wonder if she can still shuffle step. ;]
She is such a beauty! I love the tutu thing! I can't wait! And arnt kids prayers the best ending to our crazy day! Loved the pictures! So Fun!
Oh, she looks so adorable. Precious!
She looks like Josh. How cute!
Post a Comment