Thursday, August 14, 2008

Life will never be the same...


On top of adjusting to Maddie going to school, Grace has decided that it is time to crawl. With Maddie I was so excited when she started crawling. I was actually helping her to figure it out. I was crazy. With Hayden I was in no rush for the day he would figure it out. Now with Grace, I will admit that when she would get up on her hands and knees I would put her back on her belly. No sense in rushing these things! She has been scooting and rolling around to get what she wants for the last little bit but in the last few days she has put it all together and is crawling everywhere. Now if I could just figure out a way to get Josh to stop trying to teach her how to walk....

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Oh boy!! Life will never be the same! That is a fun thing though! I can't wait to see her! Now she can at least try to keep up with the kids, rather than staring at them probably wishing she could go!

Lindsay and Mike said...

The younger ones always learn early because they want to be just like the older siblings. I wish you luck! I can't believe how big Grace is already! Holy cow!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

Once Charly learned to crawl and then walk, DOWN came all the decorations, IN went the outlet plugs, and ON went the 24 hour baby surveillance!! I'm tellin' ya, if it was breakable, Charly would find it. If it was non-edible, Charly would eat it...or at least try to. It was incredibly bittersweet the day she learned that she no longer needed mom as her primary form of transportation. Today I can barely keep up with her and in the last 24 hours she's already flooded the toilet with toilet paper, drenched the carpet with a full bottle of Aquafina, dumped my jewelry drawers out all over the floor..twice, and played Picaso all along our entrance-way walls. Before we know it, she'll be pedaling away on a pink Princess Huffy and then attempting her first parallel park in a 1968 Thunderbird. *sigh*...if only we could go back for just a moment. This life truly is one fleeting moment!

Mar and Koki said...

They grow so fast. Jarom was crying a lot last week. One morning he had some white in his mouth so I went to take a closer look. He had two teeth that broke through his gums. He's only 19 weeks. Can you believe it?

I feel like you...can't our kids just stay the same FOREVER!

Jod Jas Curtis said...

Oh My Midgee Josh!!! I love it- okay Josh, maybe he's not so "muscley" roley poley - but other than that, spittin' image! I love this girl & can't wait for her to show my girl the ropes!
luvs
jodi

Earl & Girls said...

I don't envy you. I don't look forward to Sam doing all of that stuff. Good luck.
Rachel