I miss this.
Blogging.
I had started before blogging was "cool" and I rode it out when "everyone was doing it" and then I went and got so busy that I didn't keep up on it. I have had a shift in my perspective the last few months.
Simplify has been my goal.
I have cut back on my business...running a house, raising kids and a big calling spelled disaster for being able to do it all. I still love taking photos but I am not overbooking myself anymore and it feels great. I am spending more time with my munchkins and have been so grateful that I can. They are growing up so fast (Hayden is getting baptized on Saturday. Holy crap.) and I want to be really present rather than preoccupied in my head with my lists of things to do.
The kids have battled some sort of horrible bug this last month. It has been my own personal nightmare. The stories I could tell. I seriously thought someone "up there" hated me. One would get over it and then another would come down with it. The pediatrician has determined that it is some sort of superbug and that bleach and extreme handwashing is the only thing that would kill it. We are on the mend and I could not be more grateful. There were many sleepless nights and I spent a few reading old blog entries. I was so happy that I had things recorded. At the time I wrote them I didn't think they were a big deal.
They were.
I loved looking back and reading stories about our life. There were so many things that I had seemed to forget.
I have told myself I would be better at blogging at least a bajillion times. This time around I saw the profound impact it had on me to go back and read the stories I had written down. My goal for the year was to document daily life more. I have still been doing the photo a day (sometimes more miss than hit but it is there) and I have been trying to keep a gratitude journal but this little blog of mine is where I think I can make the biggest accomplishment in this goal.
This is my life and I don't want to miss a single moment.
3 years ago



2 comments:
Ha! I feel ya! My blogging habits have waned a lot since I started my blog SEVEN years ago. I used to think it was the funnest thing to do, but now I sometimes forget all about it. Or sometimes I remember it, but I just don't have time for it. I guess it's because back in the day when I would update it all the time, I only had 2 little munchkins to take care of, now I've got 5 and we've got school, and piano, and sports, and scouts, and callings etc. Sometimes I feel like I'll just let it go, but then I'll sit down and read old entries-- things I'd completely forgotten about-- and I recommit myself.
I look forward to seeing more updates from you. I love to see what you and your cute family is up to.
I have slacked in the blogging department as well. I still try to update a few times a month, but I know there are all sorts of cute things my kids say or do that I don't blog about, and hence I forget them. I've got to be better about blogging about the little things in life. They are always my favorite entries to go back & read.
Post a Comment